Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A Change of Pace

I'm going to be making a change of direction again in this blog in the near future. Up till now, I have been exploring some various aspects of good story telling in my own way. I don't want this blog to be an experiment anymore. Rather, I want it to be a place for sharing knowledge.

I've done a fair bit of study over the years on what makes a good story. I teach literature, and have examined the question of genre quite carefully over the years. I am also very interested, and have done a fair bit of study about, reader responses to various texts.

In the very near future, I am going to begin to use this blog as a spot for keeping notes about the question of what makes a successful novel. Especially a fantasy novel. And I will consider the idea of readers' responses to fiction, and give some thought to how that plays into the creation of a successful novel.

In addition, I'll be reviewing some movies and thinking about how the viewer/reader/audience might play into the creation of films, and how this in turns shapes our viewing experience. I'll also review a fiar number of movies.


 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: