Sunday, December 17, 2006

Scratched!

....SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!

The van was longer than your average car, and made sharper turns. Even if Stevie had more driving experience than just those few times backing out of the driveway, this might have happened. Vans are just different.

And this was bad.

"OH NO! What I am I going to do, Lizzie?"

"Back up and try again."

He did as she suggested. SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!

"Now what?" He was near panic stage now.

"I don't know. Try going forward."

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-EEEEEEEEEEECH!!

He stopped, put his elbows on the steering wheel, his head on his palms.

"We can't just sit here."

"I have an idea," he said.

"What?"

"You drive."

"I'm not even 12 yet."

"So?"

"Just back up and do it again."

"That just keeps scratching it worse!"

"So it's better to just sit here?"

No comments: