Thursday, November 30, 2006

Christmas Shopping?

"Psst. Hey! You there?"

"Of course. Where else would I be."

"Hey, don't sound so sad."

"It's just, ya know, being in here on the holidays and all."

"Miss your family?"

"I don't really have any family, except a sister. The one who visits me every weekend."

"Did you get her a present for Christmas?"

"How could I? There aren't any shops in here."

"You could shop online..."

"I've told you my feelings about that!"

"OK, OK."

"Besides, I don't have a dime to my name. Got some debts piled up too."

"Well... you don't like buying online, I know. But would you be opposed to making a few bucks there? There's lots to be had."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah. I can show you, next time we're in the rec room. We can get online there."

"Can't They see whatever we do then?"

"It won't matter if They do. Just don't put in any private info, ya know."

"Smart girl. That's always exactly what I say."

"Yeah, I know. I'm a quick study."

"Yeah, you are."

No comments: