Monday, October 16, 2006

Unbeliever

"I see."

"What?"

"So now you are telling me that you've given a lecture to the International Society of Archaelogists?"

"Yes. In Cairo. About 8 years ago. And without any preparation. Isn't that hilarious?"

"Certainly. A riot. Was this before or after you were in Gandolfo?"

"Er... before. Yes. It was before. Jackie was still with me in Cairo."

"Before or after the plane crash in the jungle?"

"Um..... Hm. After."

"And before or after you were abused by that man?"

"Certainly before that. All that happened after Jackie died. I told you I was in a real pit then, emotionally."

"I see."

"It must've been Jackie's death that got me so down."

"Well. One would think so."

"I still miss him today."

"Hm. The jungle treks and desert digs must not be the same without him."

"Oh, come now. I haven't done anything like that since he died, really."

"No? I would've thought you'd been off to the North Pole or some such."

"Well... no."

"No?"

"No. But we did go to the South Pole together before that awful event when he got shot."

"Of course you did."

"You don't beleive me do you?"

"Why wouldn't I believe you?"

"Hm. I see."

showintale's blog

No comments: