Thursday, October 19, 2006

A Burger and Fries

"Hey pal? You there?"

"Who's that? And what do you want?"

"It's me again. C'mon... surely you recognize my voice by now!"

"How can I be sure it's you?"

"Alright, forget it. You don't have to talk."

"Yeah...?"

"I just wanted to tell you about the great meal I had at McDonald's. It was great. Me and the kids, and we had a ball."

"You take your kids to eat fast food? That's horrible for them, you know?"

"Oh! But the face of fast food has changed, thanks to McDonald's! They offer all sorts of good-for-you food, and it's as great tasting as ever!"

"Good-for-you?"

"Yeah. The McDonald's near my place has salad and fruits and yogurt... all sorts of healthy choices for you."

"Yeah? A healthy fast food place? Where is that?"

"It's on I-45 in League City, Texas. And the kids love it, of course."

"I never heard of kids loving healthy food."

"That's the joy of it. Every time I tell them we're going for McDonald', they are thrilled, and don't even realize how good for them it can be! It's like sneaking in the good stuff with lots of fun."

"Hm. I see."



No comments: