Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Oath

I don't always read horror novels, though I might take the time to do so every now and then. I tend to be more a fan of straight sci-fi or fantasy, but do enjoy a well-written horror story from time to time.

Horror stories are on my mind today because I recently wrote a book review of The Oath at Sloth Jockey. I called it "A Horror Story so Well-written You Can Smell it." And that's the thing about this novel. It has been a while since I read it, but when I think of certain scenes from the book (and I remember them well), it is the smell that comes back to me most vividly. Isn't that funny? Smell is the thing I most remember about a book.

To me, that is a sign it is well-written. It engages senses that it can't even touch directly. Good stuff!

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: