Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Babylon AD

I saw Babylon AD over the weekend. It was nothing fantastic, though I did like Michelle Yeoh (as always).

My friend who saw the movie with me said it gave her a headache. Lots of action, loud action, and the shooting style was rather odd, with cuts from one bit of violence to the next that were not at all smooth nor easy to follow. It certainly gives the film that edginess that it seemed to aim for, but it was mostly that which gave my friend a headache.

Who should see the film? Someone looking for lots of action.

Who shouldn't see the film? Anyone who is looking for a well-developed plot, rich characters, the complexity of the best science fiction films, or a very coherent set of ideas to set you thinking. The film has none of those things.

But there is lots of action.

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: