Thursday, September 28, 2006

A voice from the neighbouring cell

"Pssst. Hey, pal."

"Who's that?"

"It's me, your neighbour."

"Is this some kind of trick? Are you one of Them?"

"No, nothing like that. I just wanted to tell you about some property."

"What?"

"Property. You know. Land. Houses."

"Are you sure you aren't one of Them?"

"Sure."

"How can I know?"

"Do I sound like one of Them? And if I were one of Them, would I be in a cell?"

"Well, no. I suppose not."

"OK, then."

"But how are you talking to me?"

"Look up. You see that vent way up in the top of your cell?"

"Yeah."

"It links to mine. We can talk through that. Then we won't feel so lonely."

"Well, as long as you are sure you aren't one of Them."

"Yeah. I'm sure. But about that property...."

showintale's blog

No comments: