Monday, October 29, 2007

1408

I'm on the road right now, and not keeping up with blogging as much as I'd like. But I have to get a quick post in on this one.

I saw 1408 on the plane, and I have to say that it is a fairly weird movie. I watched it mostly because I am a John Cusack fan. I love Max, Being John Malkovich, Identity, whatever. It usually doesn't matter how weird it gets — I'll enjoy it. Cusack just chooses good roles, and acts in good films.

But 1408 was a miss for me. Maybe it is because I was on the plane, and you know how it is watching a film on those little screens. I don't think it was just because the plot is convoluted (though it is). Whatever the reason, it just didn't seem to work for me. It was a little too much like Identity, but without the clencher that leaves you saying, "Yeah... that was well done."

I might give it another shot eventually, if I can borrow the DVD from someone. But it isn't something I am aiming to do in the near future. For me, this is the very rare John Cusack film that just missed the mark for me.

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: