Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Graveyard Book

I finally got to spend a bit of time on some reading suitable to be reviewed at this blog, and I sure hit on a good one! I finished Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book in 2 days. I finished it that quickly because I just couldn't put it down. It was a very entertaining read.

The story was a typical well-paced Gaiman tale, with his usual dash of wry, clever humor. I found the character Bod particularly endearing. I really liked the trouble he kept stumbling into, and loved the resolution of his story, and how it formed him at last into a man instead of a boy. The heartbreaks he suffered along the way and lessons that he learned in the process all make for good read. It's a story I think is very good for sharing with older kids (preteens and teens), and is also an excellent read for adults.

I'm glad I finally got to this one. In between some reads I "need" to do, it was a real pleasure to get to squeeze out some time for something I wanted to do.


 Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE this book. it's one of my favorites. I listened to it on Audio book and the voices were so super fun.

hifidel said...

It's a good one, isn't it? I am a Gaiman fan, and this one jumped close to the top of the list of his books for me.