Monday, December 21, 2009

Avatar

I saw Avatar last night, and really enjoyed it. It might be the best new film I saw this year.

The technologies of the future presented in the film were lots of fun. I liked the ideas explored, and loved the new world created on Pandora. The use of all the old tropes was good, especially mixed in with the idea of a true global network. That concept reminded me of a lot of sci-fi books I've read (including Asimov's later installments to the Foundation series), but the whole biological explanation of it was very nicely done in the film. I liked how it was presented on the screen too, with the various creatures able to connect (literally) to the world around them in a special way.

I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, and might even see it one more time while it is still on the big screen. Fun stuff!


 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: