Thursday, August 14, 2008

Delayed Release for Half-Blood Prince

Have you heard about the delayed release of the film Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince? It's been pushed from November 2008 to July 2009. Yuck! Like this blogger, I just can't see how that is a very good idea for us, the viewers.

I like the Harry Potter movies as year-end releases. Here in Singapore, a release at the end of the year means it is during school holidays. In the mid-summer (for the US), it is right in the heart of the school year, with exam season just around the corner. That definitely will hurt ticket sales here. I know that Singapore is a small dot on the world map, and I certainly don't expect anyone to fit their release schedule to please Singaporeans. But still, it's not like we aren't following the British school calendar here. And remind me, now.... where is the author of the Harry Potter books from?



 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: